spoht
 Back
< Previous Stop
   Next Stop >

F1 SIDE TRAIL, WAITING ROOM, TORONTO RADIAL LINE, east side of Yonge St. at entrance to Cricklewood Park. Stop 17 housed passengers waiting for the electric radial streetcar which would take them north to Richmond Hill. Established by the Toronto and York Railway Company in 1896, the Line was in operation until 1948. This shelter, for decades located at the 14th hole of the Thornhill Country Club, has been moved and refurbished as a joint project of the Lions' Club of Thornhill and SPOHT. (See Plaque)
Radial Railway Line plaque
Click to view plaque and text.


Waiting Room - Toronto Radial Line, Yonge St.
< Previous Stop
Next Stop >

 Back

© 2014 The Society for the Preservation of Historic Thornhill