spoht
 Back
< Previous Stop
   Next Stop >

OLD JANE AND ELIZABETH STREETS - Cross Yonge St. at John St. and walk north to Old Jane St. on the west side. Old Jane St. and Elizabeth St. (one block west) were formerly named Strachan, after the first Anglican Bishop in the area and Hillier after an aide-de-camp to Sir Peregrine Maitland, Lieutenant Governor c. 1826. The streets were renamed after the daughters of John Edey whose home (see Side Trail A2) once stood nearby.

Old Jane and Elizabeth Streets.
< Previous Stop
Next Stop >

 Back

© 2014 The Society for the Preservation of Historic Thornhill